- Developer: Phosphor Games
- Platform: iOS and Android
- Website: http://phos.ph/
- More on Horn: http://phos.ph/projects/horn/
- IGN – “ Horn is this year’s most impressive iOS game”
- AOL – “Horn is a testament to what is possible on mobile”
- GAMEZEBO – “ A mobile masterpiece”
- MODOJO – “ The newest addiction of any iOS supporter”
- GN – 9 out of 10 – Editor’s Choice
- SLIDE TO PLAY – 4 out of 4
- GAMEZEBO – 5 out of 5
- MODOJO – 4.5 out of 5
HORN is a 3rd person action adventure game – a completely unique experience where anyone can fully explore and enjoy a beautiful and engaging console-style world, all controllable by touch gestures.
You play as a young blacksmith’s apprentice named Horn who wakes up to find your village and lands over run by large fantastic, and sometimes humorous, monsters. It is revealed these creatures are actually the people and animals from your village transformed by a curse, and you alone have the power to free them.
On your incredible adventure you carry the loud-mouthed head of one such fantastic creature with you – a somewhat uncooperative and ill-tempered but grudgingly helpful sidekick. Along with this new companion you must use your sword, crossbow, trusty musical horn, and wits to explore the lands, defeat the enemies, and solve puzzles in your quest to undo the curse that engulfs your homeland.
I worked with Phosphor Games Studio as a level developer to create the AAA mobile title Horn. Horn is a 3rd person adventure game with a focus on movement interactions and 1 on 1 combat with stone beasts called Pygon. I was brought on the project as a contract worker to help with level development and scripting. During this time I mainly worked on two levels, The Outpost and The Sand Temples, both of which consist of 3 missions each.
FOCUS ON SCRIPTING:
Although I did do a small amount of level creation, set dressing and other level development, I mainly focused on scripting the core movement and interactions in kismet and Matinee. These scripting sequences included:
PUZZLE CREATION, PACING AND OBJECTIVES
- Creation of mission objectives and structure
- Placement of levers, torches and more along with corresponding animations and scripting logic
- Enemy placement and fight pacing